HWY 88 Closed From Caples Lake West ward as fire nears Shealor Lake Area
The new mandatory evacuation order area is as follows: “South of Highway 88 along the Amador/El Dorado County line from Dufrene Road, due east to the Amador/Alpine County line and from the Amador/Alpine County line north to Hwy 88. Please refer to the red shaded area on the map below. “
- Shenandoah Road at the Amador County line west through the River Pines community, continuing west on Shenandoah Road to Ostrom Road.
- Southon Ostrom Road to Jibboom Street, West on Jibboom Street to Fiddletown Road. East on Fiddletown Road to Hale Road.
- South on Hale Road to ShakeRidge Road.
- East on Shake Ridge Road to Charleston Road.
- South on Charleston Road to the intersection of Charleston Road and Rams Horn Grade.
- Due east to Highway 88 at Tiger Creek Road.
- Tiger Creek Road east to Salt Springs Reservoir Road.
- East on Salt Springs Reservoir Road to the east end of the Salt Springs Reservoir.
- Due north from the east end of Salt Springs Reservoir to Highway 88.
- South of the El Dorado-Amador County line with a western border of Highway 88 due south to the east end of Salt Springs Reservoir.
- Southern border of the Calaveras County line.
- Eastern border of the Alpine County line.
- Green Valley Community Church: 3500 Missouri Flat Road, Placerville, CA
- (temporary evacuation point) Amador County Fairgrounds: 18621 Sherwood Street, Plymouth, CA
- Rolling Hills Church: 800 White Rock Road, El Dorado Hills, CA
- Evelyn Bishop Hall: 600 South Church Street/Hwy 124, Ione, CA 95640
- Douglas County Community Center: 1329 Waterloo Lane, Gardnerville, NV 89410
- A Temporary Evacuation Point will be open at the Italian Picnic Grounds (581 Hwy 49) in Sutter Creek for Amador County residents on Aug. 29.
- (FULL) Cameron Park CSD, 2502 Country Club Drive, Cameron Park, CA 95682
- (CLOSED)Diamond Springs Fire Hall: 3734 China Garden Road, Diamond Springs, CA 95619
Animal Evacuation Centers:
Animal services calls should go to 530-621-7440 for small and large animal evacuations and sheltering in place in El Dorado County.
- SMALL ANIMAL SHELTER: El Dorado County Animal Services, 6435 Capitol Ave., Diamond Springs, CA — call (530)-621-5795
- LARGE ANIMAL SHELTER: Saureel Vineyards, 1140 Cold Springs Road, Placerville, CA 95667(For assistance, call 916-439-2268 or 530-306-3159.)
- LARGE ANIMAL SHELTER: Amador County Fairgrounds, 18621 Sherwood Street, Plymouth, CA 95669 (Empire Street Gate)
You should prepare to evacuate as soon as you get an evacuation warning, and leave as soon as you get an evacuation order. Here are some tips to prepare before evacuating.
Officials also recommend not waiting for an evacuation order or warning and leaving as soon as you no longer feel comfortable in your home.
Sky Stone, a resident of Somerset southeast of Pollock Pines, said he woke up at 5:30 a.m. Aug. 17 to find his power out and multiple messages on his phone telling him to evacuate. Soon, El Dorado County Sheriff’s vehicles were passing his home with sirens blaring.
“Everybody was just really shocked that it had changed direction in the middle of the night and headed back down the mountain because prior to that, it was on the other side of the hill, on the side of the road where it started and was burning up the hill,” Stone said. “So nobody had any expectation that it would come back towards our neighborhood or wipe out Grizzly Flats up above. That’s really shocking.”