Ok lets face it News Year Eve in Reno and Tahoe and not generally considered a recreational holiday, that is unless you count body shots as an exploration adventure.
Fireworks, parties, dancing, main street festivities are what people come to Reno and Tahoe for New Years Eve for and bravo, we are glad you are here. Hopefully you stick around a few days play at the casinos and get a chance to enjoy the best parts of Northern Nevada and the Sierra Nevada Mountain range.
This is a basic list of the top recreational happenings or opportunities in Reno / Tahoe this New Years Eve.
- Heavenly Holidays at Heavenly Mountain resort will feature live entertainment, games etc.. But Snow levels are still high enough that you can access the Tahoe Rm trial and Several MTN Bike areas in South lake Tahoe. Enjoy the brisk Winter air on your bike in south Tahoe
- Twilight Snow Tours at Northstar Reorts – Take an evening to slow down and enjoy the peaceful setting of the Sierra Nevada on our guided evening snowshoe tours. The 2 to 2.5 hour guided tour will begin at the Cross Country, Telemark and Snowshoe Center at 5pm.
- Caples Crest Fireworks Show at Kirkwood Resort – While the Village Plaza provides excellent views of the parade and fireworks display, the best views are found from the top of Caples Crest. Take an Expedition: Kirkwood CAT to the top of the ridge and take-in an amazing, bird’s eye view of the festivities while enjoying complimentary champagne and hot chocolate. (Guests are welcome to bring a few goodies of there own).
- Explore hundreds of miles o Trail via Snowmobile – If you have not taken the tie to explore the Sierra Via Snowmobile. Book a tour quickly or stay a few extra day and find a tour near you. Great experience in the Sierra. Here is a link to one option: Lake Tahoe Snowmobiling. Lake Tahoe Adventures & Zephyr Cove tours
- Sledding with the Family – Winter recreation and sledding options for the family are plentiful. Here is a list of options near Tahoe and Reno to sled.