Sierra Events – this Week in the Sierra Mountains
February 27, 2015 – The Sierra Mountains are looking at the weather forecast with anticipation once again this weekend. Will we finally get a storm with a little snow pack and fresh POW? The models look really good and we should start seeing snow late Friday and snow could blanket the entire Sierra mountain range by Sunday. So what is there to do this weekend in the Snow in The Sierra?
- Unbound series Snowboard Competition Sunday Mar. 1
- California Passholder scavenger Hunt Mar 1.
- Full Moon Tours – Mar 4-6
- Full moon Snowshoe Hikes Saturday Feb 28th
- Discover the Steep Saturday Feb 28
- Snowshoe – Soup & shoe event Sunday Mar 1.
- Freeheal Race Series Saturday 28th
- Nastar Races Saturday 28th
- Free Style Competition Saturday 28th
- Winter Music Festival Series 27th (Grove Adams) 28th (DJ Eternal)
- Unbuckle at Tamarack – Apres Party Saturday Feb 28
- Bruce in the USA Tribute Band Saturday 28th
- Ski with a Ranger – Monday Mar 2.
- Burton Snowboard Demo Days – Friday Feb 27.
- USASA Border X south Shore Series Race – Sunday Mar 1.
- USSA U16 Super G – Sunday Mar 1.
- Snowfest 2015 All weekend
- Snowfest 2015 Fireworks Show – On-Mountain Torchlight Parade and Fireworks Fri, February 27, 6:30pm – 7:30pm
- Apres Ski Music Festival – Seraphin
- Ripperoo’s Rail Jam Saturday 28th
- Butter Box Rail Jam Saturday 28th
- USASA Double up Halfpipe Event Saturday 28th
- Twilight Snowshoe Tours
- Live Music by “Key Lime Pie”
- Turtleneck Tuesday Skate Nights
- Free Style Fridays
- Caboose Kickers Saturday 28th
- Backcountry Ski Tour – Razorback Ridge – Mar 1
Of Course if you are not a Skier this winters storm also brings opportunities for:
- National Park Site Seeing
- Tubing Adventures
- Ice Skating
- and Much more.
Drive Safe and Go Explore this weekend. The Sierra Mountains just might have a treasure of powder for you to play in by Saturday morning. Pick your favorite destination and discover the winter magic of the Sierra.
Sierra REC Magazine is dedicated to sharing the events, news and adventure opportunities that exist in The Sierra Mountains. From Lassen Volcanic National Park to the North down through the Central Sierra and the Lake Tahoe Basin through the rugged eastern slopes of the Mono county and Yosemite National park to the southern tips near Sequoia National Park and the PCT trail. We invite you to share stories, trips and photos from your adventures in the Sierra. Please join us on Facebook, Twitter Google + and You-Tube or email us your events and photos at firstname.lastname@example.org #goexplore