COLOMA, Calif.— California State Parks invites the public to “Discover Your Adventure” during “Coloma Gold Rush Live!” at Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park (SHP). Join park staff and docents October 7 – 9, 2022, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in a re-creation of a gold rush tent town of 1850.
- Stop by the General Store to stock up on provisions
- Visit the miners working their claim on the river
- Stop by the Claims Office to register your claim
- Visit the laundry for a clean shirt and the tonsorial for a shave
- Visit the saloon for liquid refreshment, or the BBQ for a little sustenance
- Hands on activities for the kids include tin punching, journaling and period games
“Coloma Gold Rush Live!” is made possible thanks to State Parks’ partnership with the Gold Discovery Park Association. Admission to the event is $15 per vehicle, which includes parking. For more information call (530) 622-3740 or visit www.parks.ca.gov/MarshallGold. Please note: This is a dog-free event except for service dogs.
Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park is located in Coloma, California, on Highway 49, 8 miles north of Placerville and 18 miles south of Auburn, only one hour from Sacramento.
Subscribe to California State Parks News online at www.parks.ca.gov/news or click here.
California State Parks and the recreational programs supported by its divisions of Boating and Waterways, Historic Preservation and Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation provide the opportunity for families, friends, and communities to connect. Off-highway motor vehicle recreation, boating activities, horseback riding, cycling, hiking, camping, rock climbing, tours, hikes, school group enrichment, and special events are just some of the activities enjoyed in 279 park units organized into 21 field districts throughout the state. Learn more at www.parks.ca.gov.