After an extended winter season, guests can enjoy warm-weather activities, special events, and live music all summer long
Olympic Valley, Calif. [June 19, 2023]— Palisades Tahoe ushers in the summer season starting June 26 with music programming, outdoor exploration, and family friendly events.
Freedom Fest: Fan favorite Freedom Fest at Palisades Tahoe is back this Fourth of July, and Alpine will be open for all summer festivities for the first time in more than a decade. From July 1-4 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., guests can hit the slopes to enjoy some classic summer skiing and riding. Live performances on the Alpine Deck will feature an exciting artist lineup to set the rhythm of this historic celebration. This year’s performances include:
- Saturday, July 1
- 12-1 p.m. – DJ Send It
- 1:30-3 p.m. – Surf Mesa
- Sunday, July 2
- 12-1 p.m. – Rev. Rusty Reams
- 1:30-3 p.m. – Forester
- Monday, July 3
- 12-1 p.m. – Zebuel
- 1:30-3 p.m. – To Be Announced
- Tuesday, July 4
- 12:30-2 p.m. – Blues Monsters
- 2:30-4 p.m. – Wild Child
Reggae Festival: The 6th Annual Lake Tahoe Reggae Festival will take place at Palisades Tahoe on July 22-23. Headliners include Rebelution and Stick Figure among other notable live performances. Tickets are on sale now starting at $53/kid, $135/adult, and kids under 3 are free.
Aerial Tram: Offering fun for the entire family, the 10-minute Aerial Tram ride takes guests over breathtaking views of the lake and surrounding mountains. The tram drops riders off at High Camp, reaching 8,200 feet above sea level. Pack a picnic, bring the dog, or gear up to play in the snow to enjoy a day filled with outdoor adventure. This summer, Ikon Pass holders and kids ages 12 and under ride free, and ticket prices start at $44/adult and $31/child.
High Camp Summer Experience: With the purchase of an Aerial Tram ticket, guests will have access to adventurous activities including mountaintop roller skating, disc golf, and geocaching. Pending snow melt, High Camp offers access to hiking trails with panoramic views of the lake.
Washoe Cultural Talks: In partnership with the Washoe Tribe, Palisades Tahoe will be offering Washoe Cultural Talks again this summer. Guests can join members of the Washoe Tribe at High Camp to learn about their long history in Olympic Valley, Lake Tahoe, and the Sierra Nevada mountains, featuring in-depth stories, preserved artifacts, and important natural landmarks. Tours will be offered every Friday from June 16 to August 25. This experience is free with purchase of an Aerial Tram ticket or 2022/23 IKON Pass.
Naturalist Talks: Guests can join Naturalist Talks taking place at High Camp at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays to learn about the geology and creation of the landscape.
Summer Hiking: Departing from High Camp, Naturalist Walks are available free of charge and take place every weekend, starting from June 16. Walk the 1.2 mile High Camp Loop Trail through the meadow and learn about plants, animals, and geology. You can choose between two departure times: 10:30 a.m. or 1:30 p.m. Beginning July 1, the Naturalist Walks will be available daily.
This summer, Palisades Tahoe will also offer Paid Guided Hikes for guests looking to embark on a full-day adventure. Beginning at 9:30 a.m. by the Aerial Tram, the 5-mile route will begin at High Camp, go through Emigrant to the top of Wa She Shu, then return to High Camp. Lunch will be provided for participants to enjoy at the picnic tables at the top of Wa She Shu.
Additional Seasonal Activities: Palisades Tahoe’s most iconic rock face will be open for exploration this summer. Outfitted with permanent steel anchors and cables, participants can navigate the rock face on the Via Ferrata. Participants will be accompanied by local guides from Alpenglow Expeditions. Guests can also explore the Olympic Valley Treetop Adventure Park with options for beginner and intermediate skill sets, or take advantage of bike rentals at Palisades Tahoe to explore the Truckee River or head down to the lake.
Kids Adventure Camp: Starting June 19, Palisades Tahoe’s Kids Adventure Camp will be open to kids ages 5-13 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Friday. Adventure Camp allows kids to unplug and explore the mountains through curated activities including nature crafts and scavenger hunts, Aerial Tram rides, and more. Pricing starts at $160/day. Guests can take advantage of the Kids Adventure Camp 5-Pack to save up to $100 this summer.
Events: The Village at Palisades Tahoe will feature special programming and events. There are series of family-friendly events throughout the summer, including:
- Bluesdays is a free outdoor concert series featuring top blues musicians every Tuesday from 6-8:30 p.m. through August 29.
- First Street Yoga is a free outdoor yoga series offered every Wednesday from 5-6 p.m. from July 5 through August 30. Please note, there is no registration required this year, but the event will be first-come first-serve.
- The Great Bingo Revival is a free family-friendly bingo experience every Thursday from 5-7 p.m. Each week a new restaurant in The Village at Palisades Tahoe will host for the chance to win prizes each round.
- Sunsets Live Music Series offers free live music featuring the area’s talented musicians every Friday from 5-7 p.m. in June, July, and August. Please note, there will be no Sunset Live Music on Friday, August 11 due to another event.
- Palisades Tahoe Mountain Run will depart from the base of Palisades and finish at High Camp where there will be awards, a raffle, live music, and refreshments on July 22.
- Brews, Jazz & Funk features a lineup of live music and an array of beers from over ten local and regional breweries on August 12.
- Alpen Wine Fest is an all-inclusive wine tasting event featuring over 40 wineries and live music on September 3.
- Guitar Strings vs. Chicken is the annual Village battle between restaurants on September 8. Six restaurants and six bands will go head to head to appoint a winner of the “Best Wings” and “Best Band” champion trophy and $500 cash prize.
- Adventure Van Expo is a family friendly weekend filled with an array of vendors, live entertainment, food and beverages on September 16.
- Oktoberfest is an annual event filled with authentic German beer, Bavarian music, dancing and games on September 30.
- Made in Tahoe Festival returns on October 8 for a day filled with artisans, workshops, live music and performances that celebrate all things local.
This weekend, Palisades Tahoe will also host The Broken Arrow Skyrace presented by Salomon. Elite and recreational runners alike will experience the beauty of Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada mountains in this unforgettable trail running event full of off-trail scrambling, vertical challenges, and stunning views.
The full schedule of summer programming can be found here. Please note, all events are subject to change.
Deals & Packages: Palisades Tahoe is offering special deals on summer lodging and tram rides including:
- Ikon season pass holders can save up to 15% with the Summer Lodging Discount through November 21, 2023.
- Skiers and riders can take advantage of single-day $99 lift tickets, two-day $75 lift tickets, and the Spring Ticket Trio for $119/day.
About Palisades Tahoe
Palisades Tahoe is the largest ski resort in the Lake Tahoe region, boasting 6,000 skiable acres across eight peaks. Formerly Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, the more than 70-year-old resort celebrates a rich history as the host of the 1960 Winter Olympics, the Spring Skiing Capital, and home mountain to dozens of Olympic and World Cup athletes across multiple snow sports. With an average annual snowfall of 400 inches, Palisades Tahoe frequently operates the longest ski and snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. The Village at Palisades Tahoe offers year-round events and dozens of bars, restaurants and boutiques, many of which are locally owned and operated. Palisades Tahoe is on the Ikon Pass, which offers access to 50 international ski destinations. In 2021 the resort changed its name, trading in a harmful slur for a name that better reflects its values and legacy. Visit the Palisades Tahoe website or call 1.800.403.0206 to learn more. You can also visit us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Vimeo.