ALPINE/MONO COUNTIES , July 22, 2021 – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) has closed portions of State Routes 4, 88, 89 and 395 in the Sierra Nevada due to the
Tamarack Fire that has consumed more than 50,000 acres and is zero percent
contained, according to Tamarack Fire Information.
Here is the latest information, as of 1:00 p.m. July 22, 2021:
- Route 4 is CLOSED from Ebbetts Pass to Route 89.
- Route 88 is CLOSED from Picketts Junction to the California/Nevada State Line.
- Route 89 is CLOSED from the Route 88 Junction at Woodfords to the Alpine/Mono County Line.
- Route 89 is CLOSED from Route 395 to the Alpine/Mono County Line.
- Monitor Pass/Route 89 in northern Mono County is CLOSED.
- U.S. 395 is CLOSED from Route 108 to the Nevada State Line. Drivers can still reach the towns of Coleville and Walker.
- Sonora Pass/Route 108 remains open as an alternate route over the Sierra Nevada.
There is no current timetable for the opening of these roadways. For updates, check
quickmap.dot.ca.gov or @CaltransDist10 on Twitter. You can download the Quickmap
app to your smartphone or call the Road Condition Hotline at 1-800-427-ROAD (7623).