National Parks Week Is a Great Time to Explore Some Place New With The Family
April 2017- National Park Week is the time to discover national parks and the wonders found inside national parks, National Park Week is April 15 to 23, 2017. The Sierra is blessed with four fantastic Parks to explore and so many wonders, there is a spot for everyone in our National Parks. During National Park Week, The National Park System invites you to enjoy the Park for Free on April 15-16 & April 22-23, leaving little excuse for not visiting and enjoying a little nature with the family and friends.
If you have never been to one of the Sierra National Parks; Yosemite, Lassen, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, or if you’re like many and you have only discovered a portion of the parks.
Here is a list of the Can’t Miss / Must see locations of the Sierra National Parks.
Follow the links below for extra content:
- Vernal Falls and the Mist trail
- Nevada Falls and the John Muir Trail
- Wapama Falls and Hetch Hetchy Reservoir
- Glacier Point
- Bridal Veil Falls and Yosemite Falls – Yosemite Valley
- Mariposa Grove of Sequoia
- Merced & Tuolumne Groves of Sequoia
- Grant Grove
- Zumwalt Meadow
- Mist Falls – Kings Canyon
- Crescent Meadow
- Redwood Mountain Loop
- Roaring River Falls
- Boiling Mud at Bumpass Hell or Sulphur Works
- Brokeoff Mountain
- Manzanita Lake and Lassen Peak
- Harkness Lookout
- Hike Cinder Cone Volcano