Come and celebrate the 31st Annual Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook Off in Sparks, Nevada, Wednesday, August 28 through Monday, September 2!
Often referred to as the Super Bowl of rib competitions on the national BBQ competition circuit, the annual Labor Day Weekend event spans more than 6 city blocks in the heart of downtown Sparks, Nevada. Two dozen of the country’s best BBQ teams competed for nearly $20,000 in prize money plus prestigious bragging rights! It is estimated that 350,000-400,000 BBQ enthusiasts take part of the festivities each year consuming more than 250,000 pounds of mouthwatering ribs during the 6-day festival.
In addition to the best BBQ around, a wide variety of activities are offered including a huge arts and crafts vendor show, Beer Garden, Kids Carnival, VIP Area and top named entertainment performing on two stages. There is no admission fee and the event is open to the public.
Concert Schedule – https://nuggetribcookoff.com/concert-line-up/
- Wednesday, August 28 – Monday, September 2, 2019
- Event Hours:
- Wednesday – Sunday: 10:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Monday: 10:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Kids area: Open every day during the event
- Rib Village Hours:
- Wednesday – Sunday: 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday Ribster Lunch: 10:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Sunday Ribster Lunch: 10:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Monday: Noon – 5:00 p.m.
- Event Location:
- Victorian Square, Sparks, Nevada on Victorian Avenue between 14th Street and Pyramid Way.
- Free Parking:
- Parking near the event is extremely limited and fills quickly. We recommend taking advantage of the free shuttle service!
On Street and garage parking in and around Victorian Square will be in extremely short supply during the Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook-Off. Please consider public transportation or our FREE shuttle service.
Free Rib Cook-Off Shuttles:
The best way to get to the Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook-Off is on our FREE Shuttle service provided by All-West Coachlines and RTC RIDE:
Wednesday, August 28 to Sunday, September 1
Shuttles available 11:00am – 10:00pm
Monday, September 2
Shuttles available 11:00am – 7:00pm
Round trip shuttles from these locations:
- Reno Sparks LIVESTOCK EVENTS CENTER 1350 N. Wells Avenue in Reno. (Not Convention Center)
- Greenbrae Shopping Center/Sparks Christian Fellowship – 510 Greenbrae Drive, Sparks
Drop Off: RTC Centennial Plaza
DON’T DRIVE-ARRIVE! There are convenient ride-share drop off points located around the event venue.
- Where to stay:
- Stay in the heart of the action at the Nugget Casino Resort, located on Victorian Square.
- What to eat:
- Check out the list of Rib Cookers and find your favorites.
- Pet Policy:
- Pets and non-service animals are not permitted on Victorian Square per local regulations.