Where adventurists buy and sell the gear we love for the outdoors we need.
Sierra Rec Magazine – Gear Review – in 1999 Gear Trade started with a simple concept of a marketplace that allowed outdoor enthusiasts to trade in their old gear instead of filling landfills with gear that had plenty of life.
Three ownership groups later and Geartrade.com is still calling the Rally Cry for all outdoor enthusiasts to make a smaller footprint in the world by trading and buying used.
A RALLYING CRY
Take only pictures, leave only footprints’ is broken. An ethos that asks us to minimize our impact on the outdoors yet Ignores the carbon footprint we leave on our way to the trail.
Outdoor adventurists buy gear to enrich their outdoor experience.
Yet American consumer habits are loaded with impacts that degrade it.
From our easy come-easy go, disposable lifestyle, To the eager embrace of the latest gear and apparel trends that exhausts natural resources.
The outdoor industry can lead the way with a more conscious consumption approach that leverages and extends the natural lifecycle of our gear.
To keep gear out of landfills and keep people in the outdoors.
The time is now.
People – especially the outdoor-loving sort, are increasingly demanding sustainability and accountability. Demand for used gear is on the rise as people take more and more pride in finding a new life for gear rather than ponying up top dollar for something fresh off a factory line.
Thus, the rise of Geartrade: a user-friendly, centralized hub for buying and selling outdoor gear and apparel. We make it easy for people to reuse gear, keep the planet a little cleaner, and save the next generation of ski bums a little cash.
GearTrade serves our outdoor community with a simple experience, easy payment system, and helpful info on how to extend the life of your gear. No more homeless ski boots!
How to List your Gear
Two methods to listing your gear.
Send it to GearTrade
Send it to geartrade, and they will take care of everything!
Simply send it to geartrade and they will pay you once it sells. The low-hassle factor is rad and we encourage you to send multiple pieces of gear.
- Request a label – they send you a free shipping label to send your gear. They can even send you a box if you need it.
- Ship it to Geartrade – Go ahead and fill that box with anything you want to unload. Fill extra crannies with (clean) outdoor clothing or gear.
- Get Paid – When Geartrade receive your gear, they’ll assess its value. You have 48 hours to change the price or make adjustments to your listing. When it sells, we pay you via PayPal, Venmo, or ACH (direct deposit).
List it yourself
Take this route, and you’ll do a little work but make the most money.
- List Your Gear – Simply upload a few photos of your gear, write a description, and set the price.
- Ship Your Gear – When your gear sells, we’ll shoot you an email with the buyer’s address. Simply mail the item to them and fill in the tracking number on GearTrade.
- Get Paid – Once your item is delivered, we’ll send you payment via PayPal, Venmo, or ACH (direct deposit).
DON’T WORRY, THEY HAVE GOT YOUR BACK
They handle the customer service, payment processing, and seller protection. When your gear sells, our commission is a simple, flat 13% fee.