Carson City, NV. – July 21, 2021 – The Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest has closed all areas, campgrounds, trails, and roads on the Carson Ranger District located within the boundaries of the Tamarack Fire (see map):
- From the Pacific Crest Trail at California State Route 4 (Ebbits Pass) to California State Route 88
- East of California State Route 88 to west of California State Route 4 to Monitor Pass on California State Route 98
- North of Monitor Pass to U.S. Highway 395
- West of highway 395 to China Springs Road back to highway 88.
“Predicted fire weather and fire behavior may be extreme,” said Deputy Forest Supervisor Jon Stansfield. “We are asking the public to comply with this closure and stay out of the area, so we can focus on suppressing the fire.”
This closure will remain in effect until the USDA Forest Service determines the area is again safe for the public. For Forest closure information, please visit: https://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/htnf/alerts-notices.
For additional information on the Tamarack Fire, please visit the following links below or call the fire information line at 775-434-8629:
- InciWeb: https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/7674/
- NEW Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/tamarackfireinfo
- NEW Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/tamarack_fire
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCllqup_9I-v-O6woWUCATfA/videos