720 Acre Fire burning Near Nevada City and South Yuba State Park
South Yuba River State Park – June 29, 2022 – Fire season has begun, The Rices Fire located just East of the Yuba River State Park near Dobbins Ca and Nevada City. Started this morning and has grow to over 720 acres already today driven by dry fuels and steep terrain. The fire has destroyed one structure and is 0% contained at this hour.
Rices Crossing Rd and Cranston Rd, south of Dobbins
- Bridgeport, Rice’s Crossing
- Buttermilk area
- French Corral
- Birchville; Sweetland
- CA State Park @ HWY 19 (Eastern)
- Millhouse; Monezuma; Purdon (Central)
- Greater Tyler Foote; Purdon Rd. (Northern)
- New School, Robinson area
- Sebastopol, North San Juan
- Steep canyon terrain leading to Base of Bullards
- Lake Francis with several residences surrounding lake.
#RicesFire off Rices Crossing Rd and Cranston Rd, south of Dobbins in Nevada County is 769 acres. @CALFIRENEUhttps://t.co/2JKUGxrTxj pic.twitter.com/oqyoBkin3E— CAL FIRE (@CAL_FIRE) June 29, 2022
Plumas National Forest Aerial reconnaissance has verified that the Rices Fire is producing smoke setting into communities east of the Sierra crest, extending up hwy 70 east to hwy 395.
Leave a Reply