Lassen, Yosemite and Kings Canyon/Sequoia National Parks 2016 Fee Free Days
National Parks- The National parks service has announced their 2016 Fee Free Days. Each year the Park system uses Fee Free Days to increase volunteer opportunities and to help introduce new people to the park system. These are great days to not only fantastic days to visit and get involved with clean-up and educational opportunities but are also great days to explore a new part of the park or take a friend that has never been to the park.
In the Sierra we are blessed with several National Parks: Yosemite, Sequoia/Kings Canyon and Lassen National Parks all have a variety of activities available on Fee Free Days.
This year plan your visit and see someplace new.
2016 Fee Free Days
- January 18, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- April 16 – 24, National Park Week
- August 25 – 28, National Park Service’s birthday weekend
- September 24, National Public Lands Day
- November 11, Veterans Day
Recommended Adventures in the National Parks of the Sierra.
- Hike the Mist Trail and Vernal Falls (Strenuous Hike but oh so worth it!)
- Visit Olmsted Point, Tenaya Lake and Tuolumne Meadows (Multiple Hikes and photo opps)
- Visit and explore Hetch Hetchy
- Drive up to Glacier Point and Badger pass for a day hike such as Taft Point.
- Bumpass Hell Trail (Check opening date. Typically open mid summer.
- Climb Lassen Peak
- Hike around Manzanita Lake
- Stay Late & Watch the Stars – Recognized as one of the World’s Dark Sky Locations.
- Plan an overnight Wilderness Trip
- Hike Redwood Canyon or one of the multiple giant Groves.
- Visit Roaring River Falls in the Cedar Grove
- Hike in and Visit Tokopah Falls