A Beginners Guide to Spring and Summer Adventure in North Lake Tahoe
North Lake Tahoe – Soak it all in on the North Side of Lake Tahoe. A great place for families, adventure seekers, and grizzled travel veterans. A home of Lake front dinning, Sandy beaches with afternoon waves and lively event culture all summer long. Kings Beach, located in the heart of beautiful North Lake Tahoe, is one of Lake Tahoe’s best beaches because of it’s spacious sandy location, and south facing sun exposure so visitors can enjoy the long warm sunny days, capture the breathtaking views of Lake Tahoe and spectacular sunrises and sunsets. With more pedestrian and bike friendly amenities, improved vehicle flow, and landscaping and streetscape amenities, Kings Beach is the perfect place to Play, Shop, & Dine.
Here is your beginner list of North Tahoe Adventure Activates.
Get Started Today:
- Play Mini Golf at Kings Beach Miniature Golf
- Get out on the water and rent Jet Skis, Paddleboards, Aqua Cycle Trikes, Paddle Boats, and Kayaks at North Tahoe Watersports
- Take to the sky and go parasailing with North Tahoe Watersports
- Go fish! View spectacular Lake Tahoe and the surrounding Sierra terrain as it can only be seen from the water. Morning and evening charters available for fishing or sightseeing with Mickey’s Big Mack Charters
- Take a Power Boat out for the day and rent from North Tahoe Marina
- Pedal through town with Bike Rentals from Adrift Tahoe
- Standup Paddleboard, Canoe, and Kayak rentals – Adrift Tahoe, Watermans Landing, Tahoe Adventure Company, or Tahoe Paddle & Oar
- Pamper yourself with Massage and Spa Treatments- Well Being, Lake Tahoe Wellness Center, Reiki Tahoe, North Lake Massage and Skin Care
- Hit the links and play Historic Old Brockway which was named one of Golf Channel’s top 9 hole courses in the country. Play 18 holes at Northstar California Resort
- Enjoy Bocce ball at Spindleshanks
- Go for a hike with your 4-legged friends or enjoy disc golf at the North Tahoe Regional Park
- Adventure seekers can go Mountain Biking using our North Lake Tahoe Guide or at North Tahoe Regional Park & Northstar California Resort
- Play Tennis with friends and family at the North Tahoe Regional Park
- Enjoy the turf field and play soccer at the North Tahoe Regional Park or enjoy America’s favorite past time at the ball fields.
- Treetop Adventure Ropes Course is for all ages and abilities North Tahoe Regional Park
- Not-to-Miss Summer Events – Music on the Beach, July 3rd Fireworks & Beach Party , Tahoe Nalu, Tahoe Vista Paddlefest
- Try your luck at the casinos, Crystal Bay Club or Tahoe Biltmore and see a show afterwards.
- Feel refreshed after a yoga or pilates class from Well Being or Lake Tahoe Wellness Center.
- Visit our local 24 hour gym and break a sweat at Tahoe Flow Arts & Fitness.
- Go rollerskating at the Northstar California rink.
- Enjoy ice cream at Susie Scoops, Sweet Tahoe Time and Cable Car Ice Cream.
- Invest in More Boat time with Tahoe Boat Club
In Kings Beach, visitors will find the warmest weather in the Lake Tahoe area and the sandy, shallow shore creates the warmest water for swimming or wading, making it one of Tahoe’s most family-friendly Lake Tahoe experiences.