The Good News you are headed to Yosemite National Park. the Bad news you only have one day in one of the most photographic national parks int he world.
So what is good one day itinerary for Yosemite national park if you want to hike a little but also want to see as much of the highlights as possible.
- Get to the Park Early – entry into the Park before 8 am is desirable for parking, trail time with out the crowds etc.
- Head into Yosemite Valley Stop at Bridal Veil falls – Bring your rain coat and take the short walk up to the falls viewing site. Plenty of photo opps, spring will not only be best water flow, but provide forest full of Dogwoods.
- Take Short drive up to Tunnel View Get “THE Shot of Yosemite Valley”
- Back down to the Valley Find Parking Near your Starting Hiking Location: (Stop along roadside for photos of Yosemite Falls, ElCap, Various Landscapes)
- Select your First hiking Route (Morning):
- Editors Choice: Vernal Falls and Nevada Falls Hike (Moderate to Hard)
- Mirror Pond/ Yosemite Falls Trail
- 4 Mile Trail – Moderate – Great Vista views
- Afternoon Hike
- Editors Choice: Drive out to Hetch Hetchy hike into Wapama Falls and back (Easy to Moderate)
- Drive out to Tuolumne meadows, Sunset at Olmsted Point or Tenaya Lake
- Take Bus up to Glacier Point
- Drive up to Merced Grove parking Hike int o Merced Grove of Big trees.