Update – December 9, 2022 – Event Canceled because of impending Sierra Storm
COLOMA, Calif.— California State Parks is pleased to announce the return of “Christmas in Coloma” at Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park (SHP) on Saturday and Sunday, December 10 and 11 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. each day. Community members, families and out-of- town guests are invited to enjoy traditional family-oriented holiday activities and explore historic buildings at the park.
- Carriage rides, warming fires and holiday music set the mood for holiday shopping with local vendors.
- Victorian-era games and holiday crafts to entertain the young and old.
- Fresh greens, ribbons and bows available for wreath-making activities.
- Visit with Santa from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. each day.
- Thirteen historic buildings will be decorated and open for visitors.
- Hot food and drinks available for purchase.
“Christmas in Coloma” is made possible thanks to a partnership with the Gold Discovery Park Association. Admission to the event is $10 per vehicle, $5 per person for the house tour. For more information, call (530) 622-3740 or visit parks.ca.gov/MarshallGold. Please note: This is a dog-free event except for service dogs.
Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park is located in Coloma, California, on Highway 49, eight miles north of Placerville and 18 miles south of Auburn, only one hour from Sacramento.
California State Parks and the recreational programs supported by its divisions of Boating and Waterways, Historic Preservation and Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation provide the opportunity for families, friends, and communities to connect. Off-highway motor vehicle recreation, boating activities, horseback riding, cycling, hiking, camping, rock climbing, tours, hikes, school group enrichment, and special events are just some of the activities enjoyed in 279 park units organized into 21 field districts throughout the state. Learn more at www.parks.ca.gov.